Marriage – men’s biggest fear
To most of us marriage is something we do because of other people, and by other people I mean your girlfriend, your parents, her parents, different friends etc..
Before talking about it let’s look at its definition by Haviland, William A.; Prins, Harald E. L.; McBride, Bunny; Walrath, Dana (2011) in their book Cultural Anthropology: The Human Challenge (13th ed.):
Marriage is a socially or ritually recognized union between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between those spouses, as well as between them and any resulting biological or adopted children and affinity (in-laws and other family through marriage).
So marriage means that you and a girl take your relationship one step further (at least that’s what she’s thinking).
For most of us this sounds like more obligations and less sex.
Almost sounds like something that you really do not need.
Why the hell would you need to spend a considerable amount of your income on the marriage?
You think it will not cost that much? Think again!
I am not talking only about the wedding, I am talking as a whole.
Let’s look at it from a men’s perspective:
On the good side
- you will have reliable sex (this is not guaranteed though !)
- i can’t think of another reason
On the bad side
- you will spend a lot of money on things that you would not really buy if you were not married
- you will spend a lot of time with the wife and with her parents
- you have to consider that any woman at some point will want a to have a baby